Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tigbauan Roman Catholic Church Iloilo

Our Lady of Guadalupe
Mosaic of Jesus and the Saints

Colorful mosaics adorn the church interior.





The church was constructed in 1575 and destroyed during an earthquake in 1948.


Colorful stone murals

Facade of the church


The two-feet Sto. Niño image as my backdrop. When we took this photo, a lady in the church informed me that the face of Sto. Nino. will not appear on the photograph. I was curious to ask why. She said that he was a shy Sto. Niño. Nevertheless, this photo was taken and developed on my way back to Manila. Judge for yourself.
NOTE:
The 15th century icon was stolen in Nov. 2004 - was worth half-million pesos.


The town of Tigbauan is 22 kms from the city of Iloilo. I made a trip there in 2001 when I attended the Golden anniversary of my late Aunt (my Mom's older sis) who was a nun of Sisters of St. Paul de Chartres order.







4 comments:

sunhapol said...

I've been visited this church wen I was a kid. This church has a great architecture. It is one of the oldest church in the country.

Sunny
http://www.etravelpilipinas.com

Anonymous said...

Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after
browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!


my website website

Anonymous said...

Yоu're sο awеsome! I ԁon't think I'νe tгuly rеad something like thаt bеfore.

Ѕo gгeat to fіnd someone with origіnal thoughts on
this iѕѕuе. Rеally.. mаny thankѕ fοr starting this up.
This ωebsite iѕ something that iѕ needed on the web,
ѕomеone wіth a bіt of orіginalіty!


Fеel fгee to νiѕіt my blog poѕt ...
Lodge cost comparison services - research and review hotel costs on-line for free of charge!

sweetlee said...

thank's for your comments, appreciate it

Blood Moon

I captured this Super Blood Moon last January 2018 from our balcony.